The main communication APIs in mbed OS are:
- Network sockets: provide a common interface for using sockets on network devices.
- Ethernet: API for connecting to the internet over an Ethernet connection.
- Wi-Fi: API for connecting to the internet with a Wi-Fi device.
- Mesh networking: mbed OS provides two kinds of IPv6-based mesh networks - 6LoWPAN_ND and Thread.
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE): designed for small, energy-efficient BLE applications.
- Cellular: API for connecting to the internet using a cellular device.